8 things to do near Cliffs of Moher
Located on the stunning western coast of Ireland, the Cliffs of Moher offer breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean.
From outdoor adventures and delicious dining options to cultural experiences, there is something for everyone near this beautiful location.
Here are some things to do near Cliffs of Moher that you will surely enjoy:
1. Coastal Walk
The Coastal Walk is one of the best things to do near Cliffs of Moher.
As you wander the path, the stunning landscapes unfold, creating a moment of pure wonder.
There are two paths that you can take for the Coastal Walk.
Coastal Walk North
- A linear route of 20km, taking 4.5 hours, connects Liscannor and Doolin via the Cliffs of Moher Experience.
- Stunningly beautiful trail with medium to high difficulty.
- The terrain includes exposed clifftop paths, narrow and steep ascents, and farm tracks.
Coastal Walk South
- The path leads from Cliffs of Moher to Hags Head. It measures 5.6km, taking 1.5 – 2 hours to complete.
- Provides impressive and serene scenery with dramatic views of the cliffs and ocean.
- Mostly flat, but the terrain becomes rough and uneven after 1km, A must-see for those seeking wild and rugged Irish landscapes.
Weather conditions change suddenly, and wind can be challenging, so wear appropriate clothing and footwear.
2. Bird Watching
The Cliffs of Moher offer an excellent vantage point for observing various seabirds.
It is one of the most popular things to do near the Cliffs of Moher.
You can watch puffins, razorbills, guillemots, fulmars, and gulls soaring above the cliffs. KNOW MORE
3. Watch Exhibitions at the Visitor Center
Consider watching some exhibitions at the Center.
The exhibitions are one of the best things to do near Cliffs of Moher, especially for kids.
The Ledge Experience
The Ledge Experience provides a virtual reality film that offers a bird’s-eye view of a flight over the Cliffs of Moher.
It takes you on a thrilling dive under the sea before returning to land.
Guess the Local Animal and Bird Sounds
An interactive activity where visitors can listen to and guess the sounds of local animals and birds.
It adds an educational and entertaining element to the experience.
Children’s Play Area
A dedicated play area provides a fun and safe space for kids.
You can also let your kids enjoy themselves here while you explore the exhibits.
Visitors can create pictures and engage with interactive screens.
This way, they can enhance their understanding of the Cliffs of Moher’s natural wonders and the surrounding environment.
4. Family Picnic at Lahinch Beach
Lahinch Beach is a popular destination known for its wide sandy shore and excellent surfing conditions.
It stretches for approximately 2 kilometers along the Atlantic coastline. It is ideal for family outings and sunset views.
If surfing is your thing, Lahinch Beach is great for the surfing experience.
If you are a novice at surfing but have always wanted to try it, you can enjoy the cool waters at Lahinch Beach.
After visiting the beautiful Cliffs of Moher, you could relax on this amazing beach.
It is among the great things to do near Cliffs of Moher.
Note: Surf schools are also available here for beginners.
5. Visit O’Brien’s Barrels
O’Brien’s Barrels is 2.5 km from the Cliffs of Moher.
This place has a wide range of Irish whiskies aged from zero to thirty-plus years, sourced from distilleries nationwide and casks worldwide.
You can witness the aging process of Irish whiskey in Sir Cornelius O’Brien’s purpose-built tower.
6. Explore nearby attractions
You can also consider exploring these attractions, as they offer great things to do near the Cliffs of Moher.
Visiting these charming places near the big attraction will create a memorable day where you build your repertoire of local experiences in Ireland.
We can use CARD FORMAT to showcase the following info about these locations.
- Moher Cottage is located 1.5 km south of the Cliffs of Moher on the Wild Atlantic Way.
- It is beside St.Brigid’s Well and just 1.5 km from Liscannor Village.
- Moher Cottage is a quaint little place owned by a lovely couple. This 150-year-old cowshed turned cottage is a gift and coffee shop, offering a unique experience in charming surroundings.
- You can relax at this pit stop, watching the breathtaking views of Liscannor Bay and the Cliffs of Moher from their terrace.
Wednesday – Monday: 10 am to 5 pm
Moher Hill Open Farm and Leisure Park
- Fourteen acres of open farm overlooking Liscannor Bay, just 2.5 km from Cliffs of Moher.
- It provides an opportunity to learn about and interact with your favorite animals.
- It also has a bouncing castle, indoor and outdoor go-karts, a ball pool, an all-weather outdoor play area, and a miniature golf course.
Monday – Saturday: 10 am – 5 pm
Sunday: 11 am – 5 pm
- A world-class wonder of nature, descending over 70 meters/ 200 feet.
- Features the largest free-hanging Stalactite in Europe and the third largest globally.
- The astounding fact is that Great stalactites were formed from a single drop of water over thousands of years.
If you like to shop, this place offers several options for shopping.
You can find unique souvenirs, local crafts, and other items to take home as mementos from your trip. KNOW MORE
8. Dining near Cliffs of Moher
Things to do near Cliffs of Moher include enjoying a delightful dining experience at the Cliffs View Café and the Puffin’s Nest Café.
Both cafes offer excellent options featuring delicious Irish food with ingredients sourced locally.
Cliffs View Café (First Floor):
The menu focuses on delicious, traditional Irish food, showcasing the flavors of the locality.
They provide seating for 120 people, with breakfast and lunch options.
You can get spectacular views of the landscape and ocean.
Puffin’s Nest Café (Ground Floor):
It offers a variety of hot and cold drinks, sandwiches, homemade soup, ice cream, cakes, and more.
Serves the ever-popular 99 ice cream with a chocolate flake on top.
Featured Image: Cliffsofmoher.ie